Need more effective strategies for communicating with your child?
We have proven tools.
Parenting is one of your most important and rewarding jobs, yet it can also be one of the most challenging. The task of raising happy, healthy and responsible children, may seem a tad overwhelming. Let us help! Our workshops, small group discussions and family consultations give you the strategies and tools that are needed to manage the needs of your family and to confidently rear children in today’s modern world.
- Do you know the #1 factor contributing to having a well-adjusted military child? Click here to learn more!
- Moving soon? Worried about finding a new school for your child? Read our PCS Checklist to make the transition as seamless as possible.
- How do you help build resiliency in your child? Learn more on why resiliency is important for military kids and how you can help! Download presentation here: Resilient Military Kids
- Is your child gifted and talented and receive special services? Learn how to advocate for your child so he doesn’t lose ground after your next school move.
Do you know the unique challenges your military students face?
We have practical, research-based strategies.
School is typically a safe, predictable shelter for children when they have turmoil or upheaval in their personal lives. However, all too often, schools exacerbate the stress experienced by military youth and their families. We’ve scoured literature, publications and websites to locate useful tools and strategies to aid educators in addressing the specific needs of the military students in their classrooms. Through our resources, educators can learn ways to appreciate the unique characteristics of being a military child and the impact the military has on the child’s education.
- Did you know that military children generally move six to nine times during their K-12 school years? Read how you can ease their school transition. Download presentation here: Educators Can Ease Military Students Transition
- Are you familiar with what military students experience every time they move? Check out some fast facts about your military students. Download facts here: Military BRAT
Moving to a new school?
We can help!
Being a military kid is fun most of the time (Hey, how many countries have your civilian friends visited?), but it does have its own unique challenges. The key is being resilient and finding positive ways to cope. And knowing you’re not alone! We’re here to help. From dealing with yet another move to resisting peer pressure to being the new kid at school again, we help you find fun ways to cope with stress, gain confidence and maximize your potential!
- Want to make sure your new teacher understands who you are? Have your current teacher write an introduction!
- What do you think makes a military kid so special? Check out our Anatomy of a Military Kid and see if we mentioned your favorite part!
Contact us for more information about your specific needs.
We’re in this together!