Parenting on the Home Front provides today’s families with the information they need to raise capable, confident children and build strong family relationships. Our core belief is that parents play a critical role in maximizing their children’s developmental and learning potential. Our goal is to help parents learn how to play this role by sharing what the experts know about children and by showing parents how to apply this knowledge at home. We curate child development research areas (e.g., brain, social-emotional, character, temperament) and blend it with proven parenting strategies (e.g., positive discipline, family meetings, resiliency training). The result is a fresh approach that encourages parents to become the expert on their own children. Remember, we’re all in this together!
Families who participate in our workshops, webinars and consultations will learn how to help their children navigate life’s many transitions – both expected and unexpected. Moreover, the skills parents acquire will be tailored to meet a child’s ever-changing needs as they progress through different ages and stages. Please contact us to schedule a workshop or family coaching session. Let us share what we have learned about being an effective parent because we’re in this together!
- Tips and tricks (for parents!) on how best to survive that mid-year PCS. Easier or harder than moving during the summer?
- Fun family activities that teach character, resiliency and independence.
- What does the new “F” word mean (e.g. FAILURE)? Determining the fine line between success and failure with your child.
- Best practices for communicating with your adolescent. Learn to talk with them…not at them.
- Effective parenting strategies to develop a positive emotional climate in your home.
Check out our second initiative, Operation Dandelion Kids, which empowers today’s military families to most effectively advocate for their children’s educational needs. Visit Operation Dandelion Kids to learn more.